- നേവി ബേസ് ഷൂട്ടിംഗിന് ശേഷം സൗദി വിദ്യാർത്ഥികൾ ചോദ്യം ചെയ്തു
- അണ്ടർകാർഡ് - തത്സമയ വാചകവും റേഡിയോയും ഡിലിയൻ വൈറ്റ് നേടിയതിന് ശേഷം ജോഷ്വ വി റൂയിസ് ബിൽഡ്-അപ്പ്
- ബോസ്നിയയുടെ 'മനുഷ്യത്വരഹിതമായ' അവസ്ഥ കുടിയേറ്റക്കാരെ അപകടത്തിലാക്കുന്നു
- പ്രധാനമന്ത്രി: യുകെ-യുഎസ് വ്യാപാര രേഖ ചോർച്ചയുടെ ഉറവിടം ഞങ്ങൾ കണ്ടെത്തണം
- യുഎസ്, ഇറാനിയൻ പുരുഷന്മാരെ 'തടവുകാരുടെ സ്വാപ്പിൽ' വിട്ടയച്ചു
NEW DELHI: Faced with conflicting reports from
about the identity document
pilgrims need to carry, the Indian government on Thursday declared India will go purely by the MoU that calls for pilgrims to have their passports on them.
After Pakistan PM
tweeted recently that pilgrims will not be required to carry their passports, Pakistan army spokesperson Asif Ghafoor was quoted on Thursday by a Pakistan channel as saying that passport was essential for Indian pilgrims visiting Kartarpur.
“As of today, there is a bilateral document which has been signed between the two sides, which clearly specifies the documents needed to undertake the visit,” said MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar, adding that if the MoU had to be amended, it could not be done unilaterally by any one side. Ghafoor had earlier been quoted as saying that entry would be a “legal one under a permit on a passport-based identity”.
Pakistan army chief Asif Ghafoor had earlier been quoted as saying that entry would be a “legal one under a permit on a passportbased identity. There will be no compromise on security or sovereignty”. MEA spokesperson Raveesh Kumar said there was a sense of confusion a few days before the inauguration because of the conflicting statements from Pakistan.
“Conflicting reports are coming from Pakistan. Sometimes, they say passport is needed and sometimes they say it is not required,” he said. On November 1, Khan, while announcing the completion of the
on Twitter, said he had waived two requirements related to passport and registration 10 days in advance for Sikhs coming for pilgrimage to Kartarpur from India.
For Sikhs coming for pilgrimage to Kartarpur from India, I have waived off 2 requirements: i) they wont need a pass… https://t.co/y4jKp4YWc9
— Imran Khan (@ImranKhanPTI) 1572574054000
Confirming that it had registered a strong protest against the display of Khalistan terrorists in a video on Kartarpur, the Indian government also asked for Pakistan to act on its assurance that it won’t allow any anti-India activity at the pilgrimage site.
Pakistan is learnt to have said the video being circulated on social media is a morphed version of the original song it had released. Kumar also said that Pakistan is yet to confirm the list of Indian dignitaries who will attend the Kartarpur opening ceremony on the Pakistani side.
“We are presuming that all names we have shared with Pakistani side for inaugural jatha have been cleared,” he said. The MEA spokesperson also asked Pakistan to ensure adequate security to Indian dignitaries attending the event.